What do Registered Dietitians and Registered Nutritionists do?
Registered Dietitians and Registered Nutritionists are specifically trained as nutrition and food experts. They help contribute to the health and well being of all Canadians. In Alberta, Registered Dietitian, Dietitian, Registered Nutritionist, Nutritionist, RD are protected names.
Dietitians have a degree in foods and nutrition from an accredited university program and undergo comprehensive and rigorous training, both on the job and in universities. Just like all regulated health professionals, dietitians are committed and required to stay on top of emerging research, skills, and techniques. They adhere to Principles of Professional Practice. Jennifer obtained her Bachelor of Science (Nutrition) from the University of Saskatchewan and internship with Saskatoon Health Region. Jennifer is a member of the College of Dietitians of Alberta.
Dietitians translate the science of nutrition into terms you can understand. They unlock food’s potential and support healthy living for their patients, clients, and communities. Jennifer will not just hand you a “diet” or a list of foods not to eat and send you on your way or promote or sell you unnecessary food or supplements. Jennifer will look at you as an individual and provide advice tailored to your objectives as well as personal needs and challenges.
- Coach you through diet and lifestyle changes as you work to achieve your healthy eating goals or work to manage disease
- Help you with label reading, grocery shopping and saving money at the grocery store
- Help you with practical ideas for meals and snacks on the go, cooking tips and more
- Analyze and adapt your favorite recipes to meet your lifestyle and health needs
- Help you and your family members achieve and maintain a healthy weight by developing a healthy lifestyle individualized to your needs
- Work with companies to achieve corporate wellness and come up with plans to suite your team’s goals and objectives.
- Be a guest speaker at your next event, conference or in your workplace.